Rabu, 05 November 2008

Aerobics Dvd

bought my first aerobics dvd 3 years ago, and have not used it since. I don't remember what it was called – I have since misplaced it somewhere in the back recesses of my home, and have not seen it in months, but I do remember some things about it. It was bright pink, and had some grinning guy in spandex and big hair on the cover, telling you to get thin. I thought that the aerobic dvd would motivate me to get my rear in shape, but it was not to be. Instead, my brand new aerobic dvd just decided to sit in the corner, gathering dust while I sat on the couch, growing fatter and less in shape.

My second workout video was a step aerobics dvd, but it fared no better. I think I did try that particular aerobic dvd a couple of times, but to no avail. I just felt so silly sitting there at home, undulating along with a class on film who were not even in the room with me, pretending that I was doing something that was not completely ridiculous. I just could not make it a part of my routine. I had originally planned to start each day with the aerobic dvd and a shower, but when I would get out of bed in the morning, it was the last thing that I wanted to do.

I have had three of four aerobic dvds since then and, to be honest with you, none of them have done the trick at all. It simply is not that fun to do aerobics by yourself in the living room, watching your aerobic dvd on the television. Nothing really happened to get me in shape from watching the aerobic dvd. Finally, I had to do what I had been dreading all along; I had to join a gym. Once I began to get my exercise from aerobics classes and not an aerobic dvd, it suddenly became so much easier to stick with the program. The classes got me out of my house, and the people in them were so encouraging, that I just could not help myself. Almost immediately, I was hooked on taking exercise classes to get in shape. It was like you could not get me away from them. Meanwhile, every aerobic dvd I have ever owned quietly gathers dust in the house of a newer, fitter me.Published: 2006-07-10
Author: Eric Raymond

0 komentar: