Rabu, 05 November 2008

The popularity of Harry Potter books

Harry Potter books are so popular

I think I might be the only person on the planet that does not own a Harry Potter book. Quite honestly, I am astounded by the popularity of the books, and I think that I might just be missing out on something really great. However, the great thing about books is that I have all the time in the world to get them and read through them on my own. I think I know in the back of my mind that I will, because I have not watched any of the movies. I want the experience to be fresh and new when I finally give in and start the series.

Children, teenager and adults likes them

I know many are fanatical about each and every Harry Potter book. That many people can not be wrong. It is not just teenagers and younger children who love the stories either. I have an adult friend who once lined up at midnight just to get her hands on one of the newer Harry Potter books. She didn’t do it for the last one, but I suspect that was because she was away from home at the time and didn’t want to do that in a strange neighborhood. She loves the books as much as any child that I have met.

Hardback and paperback

If you want to start out with the series, you should definitely find the very first Harry Potter book and go from there. If you can’t find hardback, you can probably find the early ones (at least) in paperback. Most books do a hardback run first, and then are later released in paperback. The latter version is usually less expensive. Those who don’t have a lot of money to spend on a Harry Potter book, or any other book for that matter, can always get what they want if they are willing to wait a bit for the paperback to come out.

Waiting to see the movies after reading the books

Until I go about looking for the first Harry Potter book, and then reading through the series, I have had to avoid many of the discussions online where people are talking about the books. If the series is really that good, I want to avoid those discussions as much as I want to avoid the movies. If you are like me, avoid them as well. If each Harry Potter book is as good as most think they are, I want each page to be a delicious surprise, and you should know you will enjoy the series more if you have the same mind set.Published: 2007-09-25
Author: Isabelle Chartrand

0 komentar: